It’s no secret that our health is under constant attack from the everyday stresses of life. In order to protect ourselves, we need to be proactive and take steps to keep our bodies safe.
Our friends at Premier Dentistry at Millennium Park has given us 20 tips to help you do just that:
1. Get regular checkups and cleanings from your doctor and dentist. This will help you catch any problems early and keep your overall health in tip-top condition.
2. Eat a balanced diet full of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein. This will give your body the nutrients it needs to function properly and fight off infection.
3. Exercise regularly. This will help to boost your immune system and keep your body strong.
4. Get enough sleep. This will allow your body to rest and repair itself.
5. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. This is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of infection.
6. Avoid touching your face. This will help to keep bacteria and viruses from entering your body through your eyes, nose, or mouth.
7. Disinfect surfaces that are commonly touched, such as doorknobs, countertops, and light switches. This will help to prevent the spread of germs in your home or office.
8. Stay up-to-date on your vaccinations. This will help to protect you from serious and potentially life-threatening illnesses.
9. Avoid close contact with sick people. This will help to prevent you from becoming ill yourself.
10. If you are sick, stay home from work or school. This will help to prevent the spread of illness to others.
11. Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. This will help to keep germs from spreading through the air.
12.Avoid sharing personal items, such as towels, dishes, and utensils. This will help to prevent the spread of germs between people.
13. Clean cuts and scrapes immediately and cover them with a bandage. This will help to prevent infection.
14. If you have a cut or scrape that is more than half an inch deep, or if it is bleeding heavily, seek medical attention. This will help to ensure that the wound does not become infected.
15. Never pick at or pop pimples. This can cause permanent scarring and lead to infection.
16. Wear sunscreen when outdoors to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. This will help to prevent skin cancer.
17. Use insect repellent to prevent mosquito and tick bites. This will help to prevent diseases such as Lyme disease and West Nile virus.
18. When traveling abroad, be sure to check for travel advisories and vaccinations requirements. This will help to keep you safe and healthy while traveling.
19. Be aware of the symptoms of common illnesses, such as the flu, strep throat, and food poisoning. This will help you to seek medical attention if you become ill.
20. If you have a chronic illness, such as diabetes or heart disease, follow your doctor’s recommendations for care. This will help to prevent serious complications from occurring.